Lingen Davies Cancer Fund is entering the second year of its £1.25 million 40th Anniversary Appeal. The appeal represents a significant increase in income for the charity and presents some exciting challenges. Due to maternity leave, we are looking for a freelance fundraising professional to support us for around 12 months from July 2018 and lead on the delivery of three projects to support our plans.
Think this could be for you? Read on and find out more!
Fundraising Development Consultant
Duration of contract: Approximately 12 months from July 2018.
Hours: 2 days per week (flexible as agreed)
Salary: £200 per day plus expenses (negotiable)
Scope of the Contract
The contractor will be expected to deliver the following projects:
- Implement “Make a Will Week” and develop the charity’s legacy giving strategy
- Build upon the charity’s high value donors strategy and develop this as a significant source of income
- Review the charity’s volunteer management policies and procedures and lead on the implementation of a volunteer recruitment campaign
Implement “Make a Will Week” and develop the charity’s legacy giving strategy
- Research and liaise with local solicitors to encourage participation in the scheme
- Work with the Executive Officer to develop a marketing plan for the scheme in line with the wider Lingen Davies communications plan
- Recruit participants and ensure the project achieves agreed income targets
Higher Value Donors
- Build on the existing Cobalt Club concept to grown membership and engagement with higher value donors throughout Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin, and Mid Wales
- Work with the Executive Officer and Events and Fundraising Officer to organise events to attract and maintain relationships with higher value donors
- Achieve agreed income targets and engagement levels with higher value donors
- Review and update the charity’s volunteer management policies and procedures, in line with the PQASSO Level 1 standard and nationally recognised best practice
- Work with Lingen Davies staff to implement high quality volunteer training opportunities
- Work with Lingen Davies staff to identify specific volunteer roles required and develop a recruitment campaign to attract and retain volunteers
- Achieve agreed levels of volunteer recruitment
A full specification for each project will be agreed prior to contract commencement.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confident at building long-term relationships with potential funders
- Ability to hit fundraising targets
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple streams of work
- An interest in, and commitment to, the aims and objectives of Lingen Davies Cancer Fund
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fundraising or public engagement setting
- Experience of working with charities
- Understanding of the local environment for fundraising and business concerns
- Proven track record of raising significant funds
- Established contacts in the business community in Shropshire, Telford and/or Mid Wales (desirable)
For further information or an informal conversation about the role please email [email protected] or call 01743 492396.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV with a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role and email to [email protected] by 5.00pm on Thursday 7th June. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet with us in week commencing 18th June.